Got a new coop!

Angelic Vampyre

Songster
10 Years
Aug 24, 2009
Found a coop we liked with a detable run for $700 ($600 for coop and $100 for the run) We liked it but could not jusify spending that amount of money on it.

Then last night found a guy on ebay selling one still in it's box for $350 WITH the run! That's like half price!

So I bought it and we have to pick it up today. Going to be set up later to and I wll post pictures but I am very very very happy with it!

That's awesome!
thumbsup.gif

Well when and got it. Got a make a few changes, don't like that the perches are soild from the floor which is going to make cleaning harder but we will see how we go, got lino for the floor and also decided to paint it red and white.

Here is a link to the guy selling them

go to www.ebay.com.au and look up item 170384389130

Hope that link works. Will post pictures once I get it all set up. not 100% perfect but the best we can do without getting one make just for us.

At the moment it is on my lawn drying then have to work out how to get it together!

Last edited:
Ok I have painted and screwed and nailed my foot to the ground... But it is up, thought it was going to rain so it only got a slap coat of paint so wil not be posting pictures untill I get the final coat on.

Few things that I found. It is not 100% mice and rat proof, I don't have much of a issue here but if I end up with bubs then I will be nailing some more mice wire to the holes. The great thing is that the floor comes out! Yes, I can pull the perches out and lift the floor out which means easy cleaning!

Once I give it another coat of paint and have to swing past the feed shop and get some wood shavings for the floor and hopefully the silkes can move in tomorrow, there should be enough room for everyone but still worried about everyone putting in together. Maybe I will just have to get the bird girls their own new coop
smile.png

It finally looks like we are going to get a break int he weather and I can finish my coop! The girls keep going up to check this strange thing in their run that is covered in tarps!

Back
Top Bottom