1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got A Roo FINALLY!!! Added pics.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jferlisi, May 11, 2011.

1. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    YAYA, so i finally got a rooster [​IMG]. I have my two cockerels that my dad made me get rid of cause they where crowing, and then he started hearing everyone around uses roosters crowing. [​IMG]. SOOOO my mother like them and wanted to keep them but we sold them to someone here on BYC and then i was talking to my cousin who is also on BYC, some of you may know her TACEYPERKINS is her user name, and she told me a few months ago she would let me chose from her EE or ameraucana roosters which i wanted, but she wanted to breed them first. So today i went and picked up her black americana roo. Hes so pretty and great with my 14 ladies. Not even an hour later than me putting him in the run and the hens locked out of the run did they start squatting for him on the other side of the fence. [​IMG] . My girls must have been missing there protectors. [​IMG] So i put my EE's and Light Brahma's in with him and they all squatted for him when they walked over to him. I was scared you know that some brawls might go down but nope. So i let him out with everyone and kept a close eye on them until bed time when they all went into the coop and got up on there roosts, even the rooster went with them. [​IMG] I wish i didn't have to work tomorrow so i could watch them some more and do my regular stuff i do in the coop. [​IMG] THANKS AGAIN TACEY.....if you so happen to read this.[​IMG] Oh and my dad made a comment about not letting him breed with anyone but the EE's and cause he doesn't want mutts. SOOOOOOOOOOO basically what he is telling me is that i can hatch my EE's eggs.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congrats!

I just hope that your cousins roo is healthy and doesn't bring any unwanted disease to your flock.

The rule is: Quarantine for at least a month.

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Gratz... [​IMG]

4. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:Yep Yep i know, but i just dont have alot of room to do that and her birds are very healthy so yep yep.

5. Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Austria
    you post this but add no photo... tut tut [​IMG]

6. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Yeah, you need to get a pic of him with his happy new ladies. [​IMG]

7. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Ya i will but im at work atm. LOL the best i can do is this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I will put more up when i get home.

8. harmona1

harmona1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2010
    Indiana
    He's a beauty! [​IMG]

9. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia