got an idea for jewlery makers-possible anti hawk device

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by AHappychick, Sep 28, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I wa flipping through the new Gardeners catalog and saw these, I am always searching for pretty ways to distract and disturb the hawks and things that are shiny and move in the wind help that. I wonder if these either set hanging from trees or on long stakes in the ground would help that while being attractive in the yard.

What do you think? I think they woulkd be very simple to make and one could use reflective beads, for a much cheaper price than waht they sell them for of course lol

http://www.gardeners.com/Dancing-Garden-Jewels/DecorativeAccents_Statues,38-200,default,cp.html

I have too many projects already or I would try to make some, I would love to be a tester though if anyone wants to give it a go [​IMG]

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I really like these!! Thanks for the link .. and the idea!

3. cwhit590

cwhit590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    SW Michigan
    I worked at a greenhouse this season and we sold these this spring. They would be easy to make if you have the time and materials.

However, the ones we have leftover now are all faded and rusty from being out in the sun all year....the beads still catch the light but they aren't very pretty anymore. [​IMG]

So, I guess if you try making it, get sturdy, weather-resistant materials (if you can)!

4. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    good to know thanks [​IMG]

5. cwhit590

cwhit590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    SW Michigan
    No problem!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by