Got an incubator, just need like 2 fertile eggs so I can try it out. .

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by snooptwomey, Jan 2, 2012.

1. snooptwomey

snooptwomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Newark, DE
    I am looking for 2 eggs to hatch out in my new incubator. I have 2 red sex link hens (11 months old), and 1 Red/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana Roo with really good blue egg genes(6 months and still not crowing). I am looking for eggs that will hatch out hens that should produce blue, green, or chocolate brown eggs so that I can mix this with my Roo. Can anyone help me out? Most every auction I see is for way more eggs than I want to hatch.

2. chikalady

chikalady Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    You might have to buy a dozen of eggs to just get a few to hatch. You never want to have just one chick to hatch. They will cry all the time.

3. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
    This time of year i would suggest buying at least 6 eggs and up to 12. Not all of them should hatch due to shipping, incubation method....ect. Even if they all do hatch, you can always sell them.

4. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    I have Buff Orp eggs I can do 12+ eggs for $27 Includes shipping. I can ship next Monday. I am currently finning a large order. I have 1 Roo over 7 Hens with 95-100% fertility with about 95% hatch rate here! PM if your interested.

Nate

Edited for spelling*

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  5. snooptwomey

snooptwomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Newark, DE
    Thanks alot everyone. I have 6 EE eggs going to be on the way. Since this is my first hatch, I am hoping for 2+

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by