Got any ideas for names?

Samarai Jenn

Songster
11 Years
Nov 12, 2008
So, my husband was just here, on lunch from work...Which he NEVER comes hom on... So I was excited to see the truck pull into the driveway...But...another truck was following him, with a trailer!
I ran put on shoes and took the kids outside to see. In the trailer was....wait for it...wait for it...okay go. 2 NEW Clydesdales, a stallion and mare...Possibly bred...And my birthday isn't until next Saturday!!! We never expected it... What am I going to do with these!!! I'll post pictures when I get them up! Got any ideas on names?

That is awesome. Congratulations!!!! Clydesdales are so beautiful. I love draft horses.

Can't wait to see your pictures. Need to see the pictures before I can suggest names.

I hope you have lots and lots of hay. They can eat.

Last edited:
I have owned several clydes and I just LOVE them! You are gonna be so pleased with those! They are real sweet and laid back.
LOTS of pics please!!!!!

Sampson and Delilah
wink.png

Oh yes, plenty of hay. We have a huge hay field next door, and our neighbor gives us hay and we give her daughter riding lessons... So hopefully that'll be enough!

Clydesdales are originally from Scotland... how about Scottish names?
By the way, how incredibly lucky are you?!?! I wish my husband would buy me frikken horses for my birthday. I'm lucky if I get a card some years. LOL

I like Angus and Ailish (aye-lish aka Alice).
tongue.png

OMG that's awesome!!! I was just reading on my Boxer forum last night and there is a girl on there that had a Clydesdale and he is 19.1 hands high, 6'2 at the withers!! That's a BIG BOY! They have always been one of my very favorite breeds, I can't afford to fee one though!!!

What an awesome Hubby you have!!! You better hang on to him for a while!
wink.png

How about Anabel? It means lovable. Then there is Bonny-meaning pretty
Anabel and Angus is cute!
I do love the Angus!

Can not wait to see them!!!

Last edited:
a02d.jpg

This is the mare...I think she is bred..She looks like it. If she is bred, how far along do you think she is?? Sam says she's 7 and the stallion is 8. Right now, she's about 17 hh...He's 18hh.

Willa-5-11-08.jpg

The stallion...

The kids are think of Bella for the mare, and Bubba for the stallion...This is going to be so much fun! The kids already love them!

Back
Top Bottom