GOT MINE!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by EboyDog, Aug 18, 2007.

1. EboyDog

EboyDog Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2007
    Hallsville MO
    I was SO excited this morning!!! I got my first egg!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And you know, when you tell someone who knows nothing about chickens short of the grocery store, they just look at you and wonder what on earth is wrong with you!!

Despite the 100+ temps this last week which cooled down to about 94 today, one of my hens came though!! This is my first flock and ever since I was 5 years old I wanted chickens and this year it happened (I'm 40+ years old now)!!!!

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Way to go! I know the look you get...I get it all the time...Of course, everyone KNOWS I am the "crazy chicken lady" LOL

3. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I think we need to start a club "the crazy chicken ladies".[​IMG] I get the same thing from my friends. You know I think they get tired hearing about my babies but when I don't say anything about them they ask me how they are.

I grew up with chickens too and here I am 50 and starting over with them. [​IMG]

Marsha

4. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    hey dont be excluding us crazy chicken men too!

I have also wanted chickens since i was a child since seeing them and feeding them at summer camp when i was about 6 years old. Well im 34 now and this is my first flock also. My girls are 16 weeks or thereabouts now and im waiting for the first egg!

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Congrats on the eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by