Got my first egg at 18 weeks! Pics!

Quote:
About the laying question, it depends on the breed. The egg above was laid by a production red or hatchery RIR, which were bred more for egg production and less meat. So they typically lay earlier. I don't expect my other 2 Easter Eggers to lay for a month or two, they typically mature later than others.

You might be surprised with the EE's. Thats what we have. Just got another one when I went back out to check.

Congratulations!! Still waiting for our first.
big_smile.png

Thanks guys, I can't stop looking outside and seeing if anyone is inside the hide. I can't wait!!!! I've been feeding them quite a bit today, BOSS, greens, wet chicken feed, and I even fed them soome brown rice and a decent chunk of pompano. Spoiled chickens huh? LOL.

Quote:
Ours like lasagna and bread! It is their favorite. Maybe they are really Italian instead of being from Chile(they are EE's) ?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Argh I'm so jealous! Mine are 19 weeks and nothing yet. The rooster has been stressing them out though and he left today so fingers crossed we get something soon!
fl.gif

Not what I expected, but it's not Nugget, the largest, who's laying. It's Runt Runt! The smallest! No wonder the eggs are bantam sized. She was freaking out earlier so I locked her up in the kennel, she calmed down and eventually went into the hide. Next thing I knew, she was throwing pine shavings on her back. 30 minutes later, she was up and there was a perfect little brown egg in the little nest. Still no song or anything, and they are as quiet as usual, fine with me! I gave her a big hug, and hopefully she'll lay another tomorrow. Wooooo!

Did you get anymore today?

Ours are slowly laying more.

The one that laid the first egg was the smallest in our flock too. I call her 2 feathers because she still does not have much of a tail.

No eggs so far, but Runty and one of my other RIRs sang the egg song this morning. I should get another egg tomorrow, or maybe 2 if I'm lucky!

Back
Top Bottom