Got my first egg! :D

Are you sure? After looking at the pictures of your chickens, I would say that the blue egg came from your hen with the beard and not a button quail. My buttons always had spots on their eggs. There is nothing in the picture that I can gage the egg size. It sure is a BEAUTIFUL BLUE EGG and I would be proud--no matter what laid it!!!!!!

celebrate.gif
So happy for you! I can't wait...I'll probably carry it around all day long when I finally get my first egg.
wee.gif

Are you sure? After looking at the pictures of your chickens, I would say that the blue egg came from your hen with the beard and not a button quail. My buttons always had spots on their eggs. There is nothing in the picture that I can gage the egg size. It sure is a BEAUTIFUL BLUE EGG and I would be proud--no matter what laid it!!!!!!
hey, what do you mean hen with the beard? I don't think I have a hen like that! But the egg came from my quail 100% since they are in their own aviary with some budgies. I read that if a quail egg is laid early it can be completely blue! so that might be the case!
big_smile.png

wait.. do you think my budgie could have laid it? I don't know what budgie eggs look like but that could be possible!

Tim, I thought I saw a photo of your birds--it must have been another members photo.
After seeing the pic of all the little eggs, I am very proud for you. I only have cortnix and didn't realize that there was a breed that laid eggs with no spots. When I raised buttons [a lot of buttons, I sold all I could raise for $5-10.00 eash] I always looked forward to checking on them, to see all the different egg colors.
Luck to you and keep writing--I enjoy your posts.

Back
Top Bottom