Got my first non-double yolk large egg!!!

tweetzone86

Songster
Jul 23, 2018
Kootenai County, ID
So I took the picture on my crap-fabulous flip phone (smartphones tend to fly through windows with me...they hate me with a vengeance) so I will have to get my camera and get one and it's currently charging.

But I finally got a 2.0 oz egg from my 25 week old RIR pullets! I've gotten three jumbos, but those didn't count as they were double-yolkers. I've been getting three 1.9 oz, a couple 1.8's and a couple 1.7's each day (more or less) but technically by US weight those are still only mediums ;)

I'm curious to see if I ever get a single yolk XL someday, but I'll be happy with larges :) So far, I'm selling the 1.7 oz and up eggs and eating the smaller 1.4-1.6 oz eggs so that my customers get a fair price ($3/dozen) for the amount of egg they actually get. But I look forward to most, if not all, of them being larges (hopefully) soon! :D

Woohoo for large eggs!!! :D

Same here no pics, I really wanted to see them too, do you charge double for your eggs by the way lol?
I charge $3 per dozen. If I charge more I doubt anyone will buy them. Storebought eggs are $1.48 per dozen white large and $3-5 per dozen brown large.

This egg may be an anomaly though. My regular eggs have been between 1.4-1.9 oz with a 2.0 oz yesterday and the big one today. I have just been putting anything over 1.7 oz in the "sell" boxes and the smaller ones in the "keep for us" boxes.

But I think I'm gonna keep the 2.8 oz one :) I'm dying to see if it's single yolk for sure or double :)

I was just kidding about charging, I meant with them having double yolks. lol.

When I was working there was a guy who sold Duck eggs, some of his were really big and the odd one was a double yolker.

I would love to have ducks someday, but I have a feeling they would be too loud in my backyard and bug my neighbors :)

Back
Top Bottom