Got my peeps

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by squiqwe, Jun 22, 2010.

1. squiqwe

squiqwe Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2010
    Cortland,Ohio
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm am so excited I got my peeps! They are so gorgous. I got 4 australorps,4 slws, and one blue sliky. My wife seen silkies online and wanted one. Our camera is broke when it's fixed I'll post pics.I'm almost done with my coop. I never thought I would get so excited but I almost cried while picking them up at the P.O. Thanks for all your posts they have given me a heads up. On a sadder note I have to put a dog down today:( We rescued her from an abuser. She is a ten year old cocker. She has such medical problems that the vet recommended it. We had her for two months and was able to give her a good home. Still it will be sad here for awhile:(

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats on the chicks. [​IMG]
    I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. Take comfort in the fact that her last days were happy ones. [​IMG]

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] good choices on the chicks, enjoy them
    [​IMG] [​IMG] sorry to hear about your Cocker, they are great dogs. It is at peace now.

4. JLS

JLS Love my feathered babies!

May 29, 2009
    Maine
    My Coop
    So happy for you with regard to the new chicks!!! So very sorry about the loss of your dog. I'm sure she appreciated the care you gave her. She died peacefully knowing that she was loved.[​IMG]

5. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Cocker Spaniel. Though you only had her for a short time, you gave her a good life, with loving care, and I'm sure she understood you cared about her a great deal. She can now rest in peace. Bless your heart for taking her in, and for making that hard decision. I know how tough that can be from experience.[​IMG]

6. squiqwe

squiqwe Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2010
    Cortland,Ohio
    Thank you so much for the kind words about our cocker Leah. I copied and emailed your comments to my wife who will take great comfort from all your kind words thankyou.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by