Got our first geese today, pics of my new babies!! :)

mommyofthree

Songster
9 Years
May 18, 2010
We just got 9 Dewlap Toulouse geese!! Two of them are females that are about 2 years old, the rest are supposedly about 3-4 months old. Someone I know that I raise ducks for for meat, asked me to raise geese for him for meat also. How could I say no to getting more birds??
wink.png
He would like us to breed them as well as he eats a lot of goose meat (he has so many food allergies and can only eat a few hard to find meats, can't even eat fruits or veggies) so we are keeping the 2 older females and we hope to get another older male. Those 3 will be my pets, the rest will be for meat. Here's a pic of them....
57931_new_camera_391.jpg

Hi there

Looks like you've got a good mix of healthy birds there and from the photo it appears that you've got greys and buffs in this flock. From the picture the geese appear as Utility Toulouse and not Dewlap Toulouse. However they may be young and still to develop their dewlap and keels. In the UK it would be unusual to find Buff Utility Toulouse. Was the previous owner certain they were Dewlaps?

If they are Utility Toulouse then there's more chance the Gander may breed at a year old.

Best of luck with them
fl.gif

Pete
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom