Got reported to the cops for helping a cat.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Goat_Walker, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Ok, well on monday 12/22/08, Me ,Chey, and Micheal ( two of my friends) were walking around the block.
    Chey and I usually walk around the neighborhood all day when I am with her.
    So anyway, we were walking and we see this cat. Chey, being the cat lover, started talking to it, but it was just sitting there and acting weird like it couldnt figure out where we were. So Chey went up to it.
    She calls me over.

This immediately alerted me that this was going to be a medical situation.

The cats eyes were sealed closed, its fur was matted, and it had cuts that were infected and turning into multiple abscesses all over its body.Well while we were examining it, the owner comes home. So we wave and leave and decide to get the Humane Associations number when we got home.

Well Micheal started complaining about being hungry (men :eyerolls:) so we decided to take him home.
    We get about a half mile down the road, two houses from Micheal's house, when a cop car drives up beside us.

Cop: Where do yall live.
    We gave him the addresses.
    Cop: What the Hell are yall doing
    Us: Its monday, we are out of school, we are just hanging out.
    Cop: Well I just got a complaint about a "person(s) in black baggy pants and a ski hat trying to break into a house.

{ the description was micheal [​IMG]]

So I started to explained about the cat
    Cop: Yall were checking out a cat? Yall sure are talking alot of medicine. Whatever, yall go on home, you dont need to be out here anyway.

[​IMG]

So the guy pulls off and turns around, turns out they got a cop car AND an SUV on us.
    [​IMG]
    So it was all in all really kind of funny. I mean we were going to call the Humane Association on her and she calls the cops on us!

All we did was try to help out a cat, and people think the worst. I understand that it is christmas season so people have to be careful but sheesh. Excuse me for getting my exercise and trying to do a good deed for christmas [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  2. LuckysMom

LuckysMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    South Carolina
    Sounds to me like those people knew they were going to be in trouble for the shape the cat was in and decided to take the offensive with you guys.
    You might better stay away from those people.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, im so sorry that happened to you. Maybe you should have picked up the cat, and walked up to the " owner" and asked if it was thier cat...and just told them you was concerned for the cats health! Its a sham kids now days just dont get the recognition they deserve...and are almost always pointed at when there is trouble. Try to have a Merry Christmas!!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Sounds to me they knew you were checkin out the cat and they decided to take action so THEY didn't get in trouble. I hope you called anyways!!!!

5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    We did. My friend, Chey, Volunteers with them. Her Art teacher is one of the main directors [​IMG] We called her right after me dropped Micheal off at his house. We havent heard back from her, but we are hoping we can get the Humane Association to check this cat out.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Goat that is a good thing you and your friends did. I remember a few years back, my son used to wait at a bus stop every morning, and they found a cat that was clearly emaciated and needed care for sure! they scooped up the cat and knocked on the door that the cat was in front of and it wasn't hers, but this old lady, had to be 80 if she was a day, drove those kids to vet and paid for the care of the cat.... Someone adopted him from the vet....

He missed his bus.... [​IMG]

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    You have done a good deed indeed! well done you....I hope your friend the Director takes this to the max and the owner is proscecuted! As for the police..well they where only doing their job and it was good to hear that they responded quickly, so don't get mad at them.....it's the owner of the cat who needs the lesson and hopefully she will get hers from the courts! But keep away from the street where the woman lives....she obviously does not have a caring bone in her body, and you don't know how she might react.........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by