1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got some early

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by holahead, Feb 19, 2009.

1. holahead

holahead Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2009
    Alabama
    Well was suppose to get my first baby chicks this Saturday. The fellow I was getting them from called and said it may be next Saturday so I told him that was fine. Anyway back to my story.My wife and I was out riding this past Sunday evening. We rode past a house that had a sign in the yard Baby Chicks For Sale. So I turn around and go back and as my luck would have it no one was home. So when I got off of work Monday I rode back up there and this time someone was home. Really nice family who seemed to love chickens. I told them I was wanting to buy some baby chicks. Went to the brooder and they had about 100 week old chicks. I only got 10 since I am expecting to get 20 more this weekend or next. I got 3 yellow buff orpington (thats all of them he had left) and 7 that was mixed from chickens they had running around the yard. So I am now raising my first baby chicks and the family and I are having a ball with them. Can't wait to get more.

2. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    good luck and welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by