Got some knew chicks today!

rooster brandon.

Songster
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Kodak, by knoxville
Ok i got 12 jersey giant hens and 2 roosters from poultry hollow and 4 brown leghorns from MT.healthy birds and 3 barred rocks at MT.healthy birds we got all supplies needed a feeder a waterer they cant get in and a heat light thats keeps half the cage 95 degrees and goes down a little the further down the cage you go one ends warm and one end is for cooling off! All chicks are doing good they sleep like there dead it funny! I will check for pasty butt but from experience it makes the chicks slow and not hyper you know they have no energy any thing else i need to watch for what temp should it be on i cant find it it is at 95 degrees? THANKS

Sounds like you have it perfect!
smile.png
Got any pictures of the little fuzzy butts?
big_smile.png

AC

Their body language will let you know if it's too chilly/too hot. If they're huddling directly beneath the hottest part of the lamp, it will probably need to be lowered down so it's warmer. But if they're a bit spread out, especially if they're more on the outskirts of the lamp's rays, then that's perfect.
smile.png

Well it kinda hard they run all around when they go to sleep some will sleep toward the edge of the rays and some will be right under it there funny to watch them flap there wings as hard as they can!

Back
Top Bottom