1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got some new babies !!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Guinea Goonie, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Went into the barn this morning and the broody little silky has hatched out six nice healthy chicks.

Good going Mama hen. I am a proud chicken daddy.

pics to come of course.

2. rejoicing

rejoicing New Egg

Apr 13, 2009
    YAY! Can't wait to see pics!

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Congrats [​IMG]

4. K, here are the PICS !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

enjoy, we sure are.

5. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    How cute!!! I'm looking forward to the day I can walk out to the coop and find new tiny fuzzbutts! [​IMG]

6. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    Thats great, i remember a bantam hen that sat on two eggs for what it seemed like to me forever, i was a little kid of course. When they finally hatched it was a great day, i know how you feel, congrats!

7. Apopka Cluckers

Apopka Cluckers Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2008
    Those are so cute. Congradulations on the new additions. Wife has been wanting Silkies but I can't see getting more than the 18 chickens I already have in my 10X10 coop [​IMG]

Looks like you need a 12 year old now to change the date on the camera like me [​IMG]

8. Quote:My VCR blinks 12 am, my digital clocks that are not alarm clocks never get changed and I just figured out the truck clock (a 2 year old could do it).

The camera is new and sorta complex. I miss my old one, but the wifes mother just had to have it cause it was simple to use [​IMG]

Oh, I almost forgot. they are all out in the screen part of the barn brooder and they are getting drinks and poking at the starter. Mom is really a good hen.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
  9. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Wow how cool! My hubby is wanting some silkies and frizzles but we havent taken the plunge yet. How cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by