got some new chicks

wildbillg

In the Brooder
Nov 17, 2015
so i got some chicks for the new coop
and I may have to rethink the amount
since the black ones are jersey giants IM thinking they may take the space of 4 instead of 2 lol
so maybe 6 or 7 not 8 or 9
blacks are jersey giants and white are rhode island whites

coop is like 6 X 7.5 by 7 feet high
run is 7 X 13
just the jersey giants are going to be HUGE

That is plenty of room. 3-4 sq ft per bird is all they need. With 10 birds in there you still have room for a couple more.
1f604.png
. We have jerseys and several other varieties. The jerseys are wonderful birds. Have fun.

arent they HUGE birds?
im reading like 10 pounds for a full grown hen and like 14 for a roster?
id like to have like 8 or so total 2 rhode island whites 2 jerserys and 4 others and one rooster of some sort

They are good size birds. Very dense. I have 45 hens 15 of which are jerseys. All occupy a coop that is about 10x15 but we have a large pasture they roam in. The only time they go in the coop is to lay or roost. When roosting they love to be cuddled up with each other even leaving empty roosts. I am confident your save will be great for 8-10 hens of any size.

tried to get them to come out of the coop today but they are not having any part ofo going out the door
lol well ill try and finish the run by this weekend with a roof over it and ill just leave the door open for a day when its done i guess

Back
Top Bottom