Got some new guinea keets and............????????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by selinagil, May 17, 2009.

1. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

I picked out a few guinea keets from a man down the road that hatched a whole bunch out. I thought I was getting 5 but I only got 4---when I got home one turned out to be a Bantam chicken of some sort?!?!? I was just paying attention to color as I was picking them out and grabbed the white chick on accident. The seller apparently didn't see either or didn't care--LOL. I'm excited though cause I've never had any Batams before and have wanted some for some time now. Any guesses on what he is besides adorable??

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Haha! That's too funny. Sounds like something I would do. I don't know what your chick is, but it and your keets are super cute! I love that you got different colors [​IMG]
  3. selinagil

He had 3 different colors so I tried to get 2 of each---didn't quite work out but oh well!! So 1 solid white---2 pearl (although they sorta look like chipmunks right now) and 1 mouse brown one. They are a lively little bunch!
  4. selinagil

Where in Florida are you at?
  5. riderbecky

riderbecky Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Ottawa Valley
    So cute!! [​IMG] Congrats on your new additions.
  6. selinagil

Thanks!!! They are really fun to watch.
  7. selinagil

Update***************I think mystery chick may be a Porcelin Seabright?
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  8. Masonic Chicken

Masonic Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    Vernon/Bonifay, FL
    I know a guy on Craigslist was selling Guineas and also the Porcelin Seabrights. So maybe this guy was the same one? I dunno...anyhow...Congrats. VERY CUTE..[​IMG]
  9. selinagil

Yeah---same dude. I went back to look at the add and saw the Seabrights and knew that's probably what it was. [​IMG]
  10. DulcyDoll

DulcyDoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Aww look at those little keets!! So cute!

Congrats on the new additions!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by