1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got the coop together....sort of....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Davis5454, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Davis5454

Davis5454 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2009
    Well...I got one of the 3 horse stalls converted to a coop for now. This was the ugly stall with the worst sidewalls....but it was in the center where it would get the most light for the hens.

This stall used to be dark brown. (just like the one to the left and right that are so dark they don't show up in the bottom picture) We had some extra white paint around that helped to brighten it up...but it sure shows all the ugly cracks between the boards. I would like to revamp the inside sometime when I have more time and cash. Maybe this summer or fall.

We finished enough to get the chicks out of the brooder box and into the barn. (just as the weather turned cold again too - darn)

Anyway....we'll do the outside of the front face later since we are still cleaning up from the big ice storm here in Ky.

Here's some pics of my babies....(sigh)....they grow up so fast!

[​IMG]

What is this new place ?!?!?!

[​IMG]

Quick...circle the wagons !!!

[​IMG]

Well....at least the inside is done !!!

We plan on doing a fake barn front on the stall....it'll be really cute to open the sliding barn door and see a small barn inside.

Whadda' you think of the name Casa da' Cuckoo ???

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Awesome... and they are going to get BIGGER!!!

Good job.

And [​IMG] from Phoenix.

3. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    I love it!

4. TatersChickens

TatersChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Newton Alabama
    Great job