got too hot in my house, now what

mudchicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
I've read on here that you are supposed to keep eggs in a 60 degree or so area till you are ready till hatch. I have been keeping them im my back bedroom since sunday and gathering every day to.add to my hatch. I have a wood stove in the basement and got a little carried away before work and house is 79 degrees. Should I start incubation?

Sure, start them now. I stored my eggs in my bathroom which is between 70-74 most of the time. They were in there for over a week before I incubated them. They ALL hatched in my LG on day 20.

Well got 24 eggs now. Maybe sunday or so? I want at least 40 eggs. At average 5 a day that will b close to my 40

Quote:
I see, you want to fill your turner.. OK.. there are two ways to go from here.

1. keep your eggs cool, 60F or so.. and set all you have on Sunday.

2. set what you have right away and wait until you get the rest collected and then set them.. wait 5 days beween settings..

However, I am guessing you do not have your bator warmed up yet,, In that case I would just wait until Sunday and then set whatever you have by then..

Lol I don't have a turner though, but the bator is warmed up. Did a test run and it holds at a constant temp. Wait 5 and set more eh? WhT.is the logic behind that? Not doubting you, just curious and intrigued

Quote:
It has to do with not opening the bator during lockdown..
you don't have to worry about any pips when you take the first hatched chicks out..

Back
Top Bottom