GQF 1266 - acrylic door help

launius

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 30, 2013
Crossett, Arkansas
I recently acquired a GQF Hatcher and everything is working great and I have already hatched one set of eggs out of it. My issue is: it came with the solid door and I would like to upgrade to the acrylic. I called GQF and they said that was not possible but I have seen many people on here talking about their 1266s with acrylic doors. Any ideas on where I can buy the acrylic door since GQF says its not possible? I'm thinking the woman I spoke to said it wasn't possible because they just don't sell the doors anymore. I would love to have the acrylic door so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I've searched eBay and googled but so far all I have been able to find is either the whole incubator or the clear door for the newer models. Anyone know if the doors for the newer models can be made to for the 1266? Or know where I can buy a new or used clear door for the 1266?

I wondered that myself. I was hoping someone had already done that and could tell me if they were successful. Such as, is there a specific thickness I need? I'm not sure if acrylic comes with or without any coatings and if so, is there a specifc coating I should get or avoid, etc.

* out of a piece.
1f600.png

I just purchased a used GQF hatcher with the narrow window in the door. I'm glad that there is a window but would prefer the acrylic door. I just set my first eggs in the hatcher. How did you rotate your eggs and how successful was your hatch? Did you use the bottom hatching tray? I would love to find a way to put an automatic egg turner in it.

The GQF I bought is only a hatcher and has 3 hatching trays so that is all that i have used it for. I have been using a small styrofoam incubator to actually incubate but I would really like to upgrade my incubator to a GQF or a Dickey My first batch of eggs was not very successful but I had a bacteria problem and lost most of my eggs throughout the incubating period to that. That was a bit of a bummer but after that set I took everything apart and did a thorough cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom