GQF Incubator Issue's

mine is full of eggs and it does not matter full or empty the temp is about 3 degrees different from top to bottom will know next wed what my hatch will be my middle shelf hatched about 20 out of 72 not good so i will be surprised if i get that meny out of the bottom.

If your temps are dropping that low, I'd recommend raising the overall temp. Maybe 101 degrees at the top.
Where so you keep your 'bator? Is it on a cold basement floor?
I have mine on a counter. It's in our finished basement... a stable, heated room.
I really don't understand the 3 degree difference. It shouldn't be that drastic.

Okay . I just played with mine.

I reduced the amount of opening on the vents. My temp leveled out almost right away.
I should have tried this sooner, I have had to put a bunch of water in to keep the humidity up.
More airflow more, more temp stratification.

jmagill, i tried opening & closing the vents did not change the temp but it did control the humdity so i up'd the temp to 100.9 on top and now bottom is reading 99.3 with all the vents closed also my bator is inside and the temp inside is around 65 degrees thanks for everyones advise, i will let everyone know how my next hatches go thanks again.

I'm glad I'm not The only one! Mine is in the basement where its stable. I also printed of the directions. My middle vents top and bottom are half open and it reads 102 at the top right corner. It seems to stay pretty close to 99 around the eggs. My humidity stinks I can't seem to keep it stable its either 20 or 60.

There are a couple of things you need to make sure about: Firstly, use a good quality calibrated thermometer when measuring the temperature. If you use a thermometer of poor quality, you might get incorrect readings. Secondly, measure the temperature at the eggs. This is the only temperature that really counts. Make sure your the temperature is consistent where the eggs are. If you are experiencing humidity problems consider making use of the humidity pads inside the incubator. This will lead to a more consistent humidity. Remember that outside humidity can also effect the humidity on the inside of the incubator, so try and regulate the outside humidity as well if possible. Finally, I would not be too overly worried about the difference in temperatures. If it was a great difference, like 5 degrees, I would be worried. However, if the difference is 1 degree, I would not be too concerned.

Back
Top Bottom