GQF incubator questions? Do I need A seperate Hatcher?

pncstod

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 8, 2012
Im going to be ordering a GQF incubator probably the 1502 digital sportsman. Not sure if i need to order the 1550 hatcher as well. Dont want to spend the $700 if i dont have to. For those of you with just the sportsman incubator how are you doing with your hatch rates, and im assuming you need to bump the humidity on the lockdown days. For those who have both is it worth the extra money? Looking for any help! Thanks in advance!!!!!

You can hatch in the 1502, but it is a lot easier if you have a seperate hatcher. Not only do you want to try to up the humidity, but when the chicks are hatching, a lot of fluff and dust will get in your incubator and you will have to clean it more often. If you only incubate for the first 18 days in an incubator, you only need to clean it once or twice per year. It doesn't really get all that dirty just from turning eggs. I clean my hatcher after every hatch and it is a mess. It would be hard to clean the incubator while it is holding eggs.

You don't have to have it, but If you have the money I would seriously go for it. I have a Dickeys 3 tray incubator and a Dickeys 5 tray hatcher and I have not once been sorry. It makes hatching a breeze. I have the incubator running at 20% humidity always and the hatcher is kept at 60% humidity. I love it.

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom