GQF Sportsman 1502

Too follow up on my 1st incubation in my Sportsman 1502, You can say I am very pleased with the dry incubation method.
Did not add any water to the humidity pan in the 1502 the entire incubation, digital read out showed RH 21 to 25%.
20 eggs put in the hatcher at lockdown, humidity raised, and 20 eggs hatched.

We just got our sportsman yesterday and about filled it today with turkey, duck and chicken eggs. Seems like a great unit.

I don't own a sportsman personally but I have seveal friends who do and have been using the same ol' 1202's for more than 10 years. Good incubators.

I got mine last week and was wondering about the humidity. Mine reads low alot and I don't ad water like I should, but I see here someone did a dry hatch and got good results. Yippiee I'm happy. I'll hatch my first eggs in it in about 2 weeks. I'll let you know how it does. I had a really bad first hatch on a Hava bator I have so I had to do something.

Too follow up on my 1st incubation in my Sportsman 1502, You can say I am very pleased with the dry incubation method.
Did not add any water to the humidity pan in the 1502 the entire incubation, digital read out showed RH 21 to 25%.
20 eggs put in the hatcher at lockdown, humidity raised, and 20 eggs hatched.

Did you add water during lockdown? Last 3 days?

Yes lots of water...always up the humidity at lockdown, but so far I've hatched in a seperate hatcher, not in the sportsman.
Low humidity this time of year in my basement, so I'm adding water to the pan until at least April or May, then dry hatch again.

Question about setting the temperatures in a GQF 1502.
Right from the factory the temp is set at 100F, I haven't changed that temp on mine in over a year since I received it.
I have a couple thermometers inside the incubator that read anywhere from 101 near the top water pan, to 99 to 100 middle tray.
My question has anyone here changed the set temp that comes from the factory, and if so what did you change it to?
I have had good hatches with mine set at 100F, but was thinking of dropping that set temp some this season and see how the hatches turn out.

I had my first hatch in mine today. I'm so happy at the results. I set about 50 eggs and I've already had 40 of them to hatch. Happy, happy!

Back
Top Bottom