Pics
Thanks honanbm! And everyone else!! She would not be looking as great as she is without your support... Its crazy to me that they are both doing just fine, chickens are so tough!
Raptor was trying to "dust bath" in my carpet today, it was super cute. And my cat thinks she has a baby sister, they shared a snack today lol...
IMG_2308.JPG

Heres day 2 of medihoney gauze and gel:
IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

Heres Duchess day 2 medihoney gel/gauze:
IMG_2296.JPG
IMG_2297.JPG
IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2299.JPG
IMG_2300.JPG

Thanks again, so much, for your help and support! They're steadily coming out of the woods :)

Thanks honanbm! And everyone else!! She would not be looking as great as she is without your support... Its crazy to me that they are both doing just fine, chickens are so tough!
Raptor was trying to "dust bath" in my carpet today, it was super cute. And my cat thinks she has a baby sister, they shared a snack today lol...
View attachment 1417399
Heres day 2 of medihoney gauze and gel:
View attachment 1417400
View attachment 1417401
View attachment 1417404
View attachment 1417405
Heres Duchess day 2 medihoney gel/gauze:
View attachment 1417406 View attachment 1417407 View attachment 1417409 View attachment 1417411 View attachment 1417412
Thanks again, so much, for your help and support! They're steadily coming out of the woods :)
Incredible recovery!!! I have learned so much from this thread. Amazing job, Raptor (and Raptorchick ;) )

Pics of Raptor, day 14, medihoney gauze & gel treatment day 4. After this pic I removed the black scab in the center, it was looking like the new tissue was trying to heal over it xp it came off real easy tho, pink tissue underneath.
20180606_113659.jpg

I bought these chicken diapers awhile ago, when I had crazy chicken fever lol... they failed miserably, as diapers, my bantam roo hated it lol. But I think I found a way to protect her nub, when it comes time to let her back out :) And it gives her feathers a break from the adhesive vet wrap going around her body, she can't reach her bandages underneath it.
20180606_122201.jpg
20180606_122333.jpg
Work called me in early, I'll have pics of Duchess tomorrow :)

Pics of Raptor, day 14, medihoney gauze & gel treatment day 4. After this pic I removed the black scab in the center, it was looking like the new tissue was trying to heal over it xp it came off real easy tho, pink tissue underneath.
View attachment 1419484
I bought these chicken diapers awhile ago, when I had crazy chicken fever lol... they failed miserably, as diapers, my bantam roo hated it lol. But I think I found a way to protect her nub, when it comes time to let her back out :) And it gives her feathers a break from the adhesive vet wrap going around her body, she can't reach her bandages underneath it.
View attachment 1419481 View attachment 1419483 Work called me in early, I'll have pics of Duchess tomorrow :)
Her kitty bff is too cute.

@Raptorchick i am so thouroughly amazed at your skills and calmness with dealing with a situation this extreme. I give u a round of applause and many well wishes for you, and of course her, to heal up properly:fl:fl. I know i would have been in WAY over my head if one of my feather babies suffered such an injury. Cudos to you:hugs:highfive:

X3 I am utterly amazed at this. I’m just so impressed

I don’t get alerts so I keep forgetting about this thread. But good grief she is too freakin cute! What a champ! It’s so satisfying to see how they’ve come from the brink. You’re amazing :clap:love

20180611_104606.jpg
Hi all :) I had a couple of crazy days, but here's the latest. Raptor tore off her bandages and the scabs 2 days ago, that sucked, I was afraid of infection but it's healing good as ever. That Betadine is really working :) I ran out of honey, so I've used sugar/Neosporin the last two days, till my medihoney arrives. You can see Raptors adult feathers coming through, the bottom pic is Duchess yesterday. All my thanks again :)
20180609_072547.jpg

Back
Top Bottom