*Graphic Picture* Massive wound on chick...any ideas?

Thats great that she is doing better. Its amazing how versatile they are to wounds, isn't it? I don't really have much help on the seizures- I've never had that problem but if I were you I wouldn't put much aloe on the wound if it seemed to bother her. She will feel better if she eats lots and lots of treats. That will take away the hurt, even if for only a few seconds. I advise you give her a little cheese. (not more than one or two slices though!) My hens are addicted to cheese. If I'm eating a cheese stick when I go down to the coop and talk to the pullets on the roost (they usually squawk and run/flap when I come near them) they will all crowd around and start eating it if I'm not careful.
roll.png
I hope Josie feels better!
hugs.gif

It's been 3 days since I've heard/seen Josie having another of the seizures. Hopefully, those are gone forever!

Her wound is completely healed, and she got to move outside today (since she's too active to stay in her box anymore!) into an empty rabbit hutch. She has a low roost to climb on, but I haven't seen her on it yet. Looks like she'll have a permanent limp....but hey, she's alive!! My dad calls her the toughest animal he's ever seen. :)

I can't thank you all enough for all of your suggestions and well wishes! :)

Thank you! I'm glad she's better too! I really thought she would have a permanent limp, but now that she's moved into a bigger cage and had time to stretch a little, her limp is almost completely gone! That's more than I could've hoped for! :D

Huzzah for Josie! :D

Back
Top Bottom