1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*Graphic* Picture of a undeveloped chick that I cracked open. (No, my broody shares a box with a non

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JerseyGiantfolk, May 15, 2012.

1. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    My broody shares her box with her mother hen and mother hen lays eggs in there. They share a cage with my black Cochin (bantam). I have to collect eggs every day from her, and she is a good hider, she hid this one up her wing and I finally found it 6 days later.

This is graphic, I warn you. I wasn't grossed out, but interested. I hope you find this interesting. BTW: That is dirt not from the egg, I just found a flower pot and put it in here. +That's also a bubble...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. dskchickie

dskchickie Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2012
    Cool! It's not gross at all.

3. JerseyGiantfolk

Jan 12, 2012
    Awesome! It's what's going on right now.. if your chicks have been incubating for 6 days now [​IMG]

4. Nsampsel

Nsampsel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2012
    East Central Ohio
    Looks like you got a bit of a surprise while cooking breakfast...lol

5. JerseyGiantfolk

Jan 12, 2012
    Almost! My chickens were going to get it when I was cracking it open I saw blood vessels. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by