Gray Silkies question - PICTURES

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SundownWaterfowl, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    If you have a show, enter them and see what the judge and other silkie breeders think about them.

2. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Oh My! These are just beautiful!!!! Sonoran, what website would I go to for the silkie club to read more about the greys? I am very interested in having some of these someday.

3. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Sundown, what were the parents of these greys? They are stunning!

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Im assuming greys, I didn't breed them. Got them from another breeder,as eggs.

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    The silkie club website is www.americansilkiebantamclub.com

I think you need to be a club member to access the forums; I am certain that you have to be to post, not sure if they can be read by non-members, but I think that the answer is not. We do always welcome and encourage new members, and I will say that I do not believe it at all a replacement or in competition with BYC. THere are quite a few club members who are BYC members and participate here regularly.

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Im assuming greys, I didn't breed them. Got them from another breeder,as eggs.

They are deff pretty [​IMG]

7. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I am betting they are from Marjorie Best, right? I have a grey from her out in my barn, and she has nice grey cockerels too. I have a grey cockerel that popped out of a breeding of Mihali birds. His type is FANTASTIC but he has some miscoloration. I picked up the grey pullet to see how much of the miscoloration (some people are calling misidentifying it as 'calico') will pass on, because I just *love* his type.

Marjorie has very nice grays, and she also has an older buff male cock that I like a lot. He's a gorgeous bird.

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I had grays pop out of my partridge birds this spring. They must have been carrying the recessive silver gene. Unfortunately my partridge male died and I can't find a nicely colored male anywhere. [​IMG]

9. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    Donna McCormick has the best Greys i have ever seen, to bad she doesn't show or else you would see some awesome greys at the shows she attends. And I agree with you silkielover07, I cannot find any good partridge males especially for sale. I do believe Hattrick has the best colored males i have seen.

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I wish I would have gotten a nice partdge boy out of this years breedings but for once I got all pullets [​IMG]

Here is my partridge boy that passed away:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rachelle needs a boyfriend!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by