Grays Harbor Washington Roosters

Chickenmanjim7

Chirping
Sep 16, 2015
Aberdeen, Washington
Hi all,

I have a friend here in Grays Harbor Washington ( aberdeen) that has way to many roosters that has quite a few roosters he is looking to rehome. They are all bantams with various different breeds. A few cochins etc.

If anyone is interested I can supply pictures and contact information to him.

Pictures would be great! I'm down in Astoria and I have some space, so I might be able to take some. It would be great to fill some color gaps. :) Are his roos fairly calm?

Fairly calm birds from what I have seen there is a gray silkie and a white one. Another Bantam Cochin. The two mixed breeds look like little Rhode Island Reds. I should have pictures by tomorrow for sure.

This is one of the cross breed roosters. Just a cockerel about 5 months old I think. There are two of these.

We have this guys twin. Really good looking roosters. He is attempting to get pictures of some of the other ones that are a little more skittish.

I love that little gold lace! Well, all of them really- kiiiiiind of addicted to bantams. I think I could definitely take at least two (maybe the gold lace and whoever is sweetest? Injured silkie?), but need a day or so to talk the partner person around.

To be clear, they would be living in a bachelor pad with other roos, but no one there is super aggressive, with each other or with people. I go through a slow introduction process so everyone gets to know each other over time. It helps that they can't see or hear the main flock where they hens are- the bachelor pad is in the garden, main coop on another part of my property. We also have a set-up that is a house with some connected runs on different sides, so they have a lot of places to be- no one gets too bullied or cornered that way. If it isn't apparent by all this extra set-up, I really love my little roos!

Back
Top Bottom