Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now let's see if British Petroleum supports the Ukrainians or their investment. http://www.pennenergy.com/articles/...on-profits.html?cmpid=EnlDailyPetroJuly302014

I suspect they will think of themselves first. Worse, in a couple of months it will start to get cold, and the Europeans will remember how nice and warm it was burning that Russian gas.

I am sorry, but the Ukraine has the worst luck.
The Europeans will still be burning Russian natural gas this winter.

BP will do business with the Russians as long as it's legal for them to. And the Russians will do business with BP as long as they need them to develop their resources.

I noticed that there have been a number of Apocalypse Chicken threads going on.
I think that says it all about our economy.
No longer is it the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, it is a single Chicken for the Apocalypse.
And he is probably a hatchery peanut packing cockerel to boot.
That is how bad our economy is - we can't even afford Four Horsemen for the Apocalypse any more.

{Facetiousness intended. I think we all need a good laugh on this thread.}

So, does anyone know someone that actually got a job? I mean a real job, not government make work or a sinecure. The know it all's on TV say that we are out of the recession and everything is fine. Do you really believe that?

Is it possible to lie the nation our of a depression? Can one fib a factory open?

I want to hear about people actually getting meanfull, productive employment.

We saw the writing on the wall. We have the following blackberries, peaches, lemons, satsuma, blueberry, orange, fig,
Apple and a herb garden.

We have 40 dairy goats and this Christmas my sister is bringing me 6
Chickens and 3 Khaki Campbell Ducks.

Our cars and property are paid for.

With all of the above I am sure it is not enough but a least it's something.

I hope you can keep all of that stuff. The riots in Missouri remind me of the Watts riots. It is sad that the kid was killed, but it is best not to lay one's hands on the police.

Somehow, those people thought looting and burning would make things better? I don't understand the logic.

So, does anyone know someone that actually got a job? I mean a real job, not government make work or a sinecure. The know it all's on TV say that we are out of the recession and everything is fine. Do you really believe that?

Is it possible to lie the nation our of a depression? Can one fib a factory open?

I want to hear about people actually getting meanfull, productive employment.

Only illegal aliens and immigrants.

A friend of mine, MPH, applied for a job that wanted fluency in Spanish and a Master's in Public Health.

Apparently none of the MPH holders were fluent in Spanish.

The job went to someone with no college education who was an immigrant who spoke Spanish.

Here in the Bay Area, many of the high tech jobs go to H1-Bs and are never advertised or posted within the US.

I hope you can keep all of that stuff. The riots in Missouri remind me of the Watts riots. It is sad that the kid was killed, but it is best not to lay one's hands on the police.

Somehow, those people thought looting and burning would make things better? I don't understand the logic.

I suggest everyone consider taking some defensive weapons courses and join the GOA and the NRA, and make a nice donation to SAF.

The rioters aren't there to protest the killing. Ghetto thugs like to turn peaceful demonstrations into riots because with riots comes looting. They aren't rioting over the killing; they're rioting over who gets the flat screen TVs.

After it is over they will wonder why many of the local businesses don't reopen - at least not at that location. It is like the people in Oakland complaining about the "food desert" after they shoplifted and robbed the grocery stores out of the various neighborhoods. They even stole the sign off of the Duck Kee Market that was on the Creedence Clearwater Revival album color. I saw it before the signs were stolen and it was converted into cheap housing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom