Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that! but the same noise makers that cried at the court *tearing their robes* Will be ready to obstruct that. But will all holding their signs when it comes time for someone to marry their horse or 7 year old neighbor. After all the Christian community has strong feelings about that too.

What they say makes sense but the reality is the courts are not consistent. They dont care what the law is or what the Constitution actually says. They start with a decision that fits their political opinion then work backwards to justify it. I see a lot of court cases I like the outcome when I see it in the news, but then I read the actual case an see the crazy twists an turns they did with the law to get to where they did... I stop liking it then. At this point there is no point in elections or the other two branches of government. The courts make all the rules.

It seems like the Chinese government is trying to implement a soft landing for their stock market. By restricting the sell off, they may find that their investments have lost a lot of value by the time they can dump them. I am not sure how well this will work.

I have to wonder how much of the Greek debt the Chinese own?

It does little good to restructure the Greek debt if they do not resolve the problems that got them into this fix in the first place. Government spending must be cut and taxes increased. Unions must be tamed and pensions cut. This is very bitter medicine that the Greeks do not want to suffer through.

What is happening with the stock exchanges in the US?

It seems like the Chinese government is trying to implement a soft landing for their stock market. By restricting the sell off, they may find that their investments have lost a lot of value by the time they can dump them. I am not sure how well this will work.

I have to wonder how much of the Greek debt the Chinese own?

It does little good to restructure the Greek debt if they do not resolve the problems that got them into this fix in the first place. Government spending must be cut and taxes increased. Unions must be tamed and pensions cut. This is very bitter medicine that the Greeks do not want to suffer through.

What is happening with the stock exchanges in the US?

According to the New York Times, a "new software glitch" has caused a crash, so the entire NYSE has halted trading.

If anyone guessed in 1928 that the entire economy was going to tank, no one would have believed then, either. :)

I'm not saying we're living in the days of 1928, but there suuuuure is a lot of turmoil in the world's markets lately. Enough to make one a little twitchy.

MrsB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom