Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Obama to get a third term, he would have to ignore the constitution. Do you suppose he is capable of that? Even harder to do, he would have to deal with a very self centered, female opponent for the office. That would difficult because she is very devious and tenacious.

My wife says that he had better not go the Kenya. Remember, the Muslim extremist blew up two of our embassies in east Africa. Then they shot up a big shopping center. Kenya is no place for the Obamanator. Sure, he flew into Afghanistan, but we had a massive military in place there.

He had better just talk to his family via Skype.

Quote: When has a war stopped an election ?
It would take a constitutional amendment to undo the 22nd amendment.

For Obama to get a third term, he would have to ignore the constitution. Do you suppose he is capable of that? Even harder to do, he would have to deal with a very self centered, female opponent for the office. That would difficult because she is very devious and tenacious.

My wife says that he had better not go the Kenya. Remember, the Muslim extremist blew up two of our embassies in east Africa. Then they shot up a big shopping center. Kenya is no place for the Obamanator. Sure, he flew into Afghanistan, but we had a massive military in place there.

Do you really think that if he just ignores the 22nd amendment everyone else will too ?

When has a war stopped an election ?
It would take a constitutional amendment to undo the 22nd amendment.

Do you really think that if he just ignores the 22nd amendment everyone else will too ?
Thats what it would take. Like I said, not much chance of that. Though people have been known to let the president get away with a lot in times of war that were clearly illegal. An internal war is the only chance he has of a third term. Not meaning I think it will happen, but its the only thing in the realm of possibilities that could do it.

Yep, I doubt that would happen. While I will be happy to see the guy go, I am afraid of what or who will follow him. Hope for the best, but be ready for the worse.

Didn't we have federal elections during the last internal war ?
Not a complete one. They also over threw the elected government of a bunch of states an replaced it with a military one an rewrote there Constitutions for them.

Then comes WWII when they took a group of people based on race an put them in concentration camps.

Like I said, the Constitutions goes out the window in war. Now again, I dont expect any funny business being done to try to get a 3ed term but when it comes to government I dont trust them.

Do you remember whom the first birther questioner was? It was the campaign for Monica's ex-boyfriend's wife, IE Hillary's....

Actually, I believe the prohibition of processing horse meat in the States was rescinded a number of years back. Just no market for it here so, it is processed and shipped overseas.

Ewe Sheep it is good to hear from you again. Hopefully, things will be going better for all of us soon.

Relative to the question of horse meat, there is a law against the commercial slaughter of them. Actually, it just doesn't fund USDA meat inspection of the animals. They are sent to Mexico or Canada to be processed.

Several years ago, I mentioned in one of these threads that horse meat is delicious. Some woman from Florida called me an animal and a savage for eating horse, "Real American don't eat horse," she said.

I guess she was never really hungry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom