Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article came out last July. Since then, I have heard not one word of these projects. Does that mean that they were all just pipe dreams and talk that were soon forgotten? Or does it mean that things are in process quietly and secretly? http://www.chinausfocus.com/foreign-policy/everyone-gets-a-canal/

Currently, the Panama Canal is operated and controlled by Hutchinson Whampoa, a Chinese company.

This article came out last July. Since then, I have heard not one word of these projects. Does that mean that they were all just pipe dreams and talk that were soon forgotten? Or does it mean that things are in process quietly and secretly? http://www.chinausfocus.com/foreign-policy/everyone-gets-a-canal/

Currently, the Panama Canal is operated and controlled by Hutchinson Whampoa, a Chinese company.

NO
It is the Panamanian government, through the Panama Canal Authority, that operates the Panama Canal.

Last edited:
Yes Dennis, it is better. RACISM! Pure racism. Putin must be just another old racist. Every thing is about racism.

Personally, I don't face book or tweet. There is nothing going on in my life, but I sure don't want the rest of the world to know about it.

Besides, Mr. Putin is currently involved a massive real estate acquisition. The Russians have a sort of difficult relationship with the Ukraine. In the 1930's they starved them to death just to feed the Communist party of Russia. And a couple of years ago, they turned off their gas in the middle of a freezing winter. That is not how one wins friends and influences people.

I suspect the Ukraine sits over a massive natural gas field. The Ruskies want it. They supply natural gas to a good part of western Europe, and it was just so much fun watching those folks in the Ukraine burn their fences and furniture just to stay warm.

And, the Ukraine has the only warm water port available for the Ruskies to ship natural gas.

Control over oil and gas gives a nation a lot of leverage. I see that Israel and Jordan signed a natural gas pact. Israel will supply Jordan with gas so that Jordan is not so dependent upon the Egyptian gas line. Hamas bombs out that line with a certain regularity. I suspect they will do the same with the new line, but the Israelis will retaliate.

I see China has discovered a massive gas field. Natural gas is the fuel of the future. The Arabs day in the sun is over.

Yes Dennis, it is better. RACISM! Pure racism. Putin must be just another old racist. Every thing is about racism.

Personally, I don't face book or tweet. There is nothing going on in my life, but I sure don't want the rest of the world to know about it.

Besides, Mr. Putin is currently involved a massive real estate acquisition. The Russians have a sort of difficult relationship with the Ukraine. In the 1930's they starved them to death just to feed the Communist party of Russia. And a couple of years ago, they turned off their gas in the middle of a freezing winter. That is not how one wins friends and influences people.

I suspect the Ukraine sits over a massive natural gas field. The Ruskies want it. They supply natural gas to a good part of western Europe, and it was just so much fun watching those folks in the Ukraine burn their fences and furniture just to stay warm.

And, the Ukraine has the only warm water port available for the Ruskies to ship natural gas.

Control over oil and gas gives a nation a lot of leverage. I see that Israel and Jordan signed a natural gas pact. Israel will supply Jordan with gas so that Jordan is not so dependent upon the Egyptian gas line. Hamas bombs out that line with a certain regularity. I suspect they will do the same with the new line, but the Israelis will retaliate.

I see China has discovered a massive gas field. Natural gas is the fuel of the future. The Arabs day in the sun is over.

Keep in mind that modern day Ukraine is also where a vast majority of the Soviet Union's weapon factories were/are located. I am betting russia wants their Kalishnakov factories back as well as ambitions of a revived Soviet Union. Just look at a few years ago when Russia invaded Georgia.

I understand why Putin is fighting so hard to keep the Ukraine.

Food security.

Belarus can not supply both it's people and Russia. Not to mention that the Chernobyl disaster resulted in concerns over the safety of food grown in some areas.

The Ukraine is one of the most fertile places on earth.

I have no doubt that Russia is going to do what ever it takes to keep their golden goose.

Not to mention the rest of the natural resources that the Ukraine possesses.

I'm not saying he is right in invading, but I can not fault a man and a country for acting in their own best interests.

Last edited:
I understand why Putin is fighting so hard to keep the Ukraine.

Food security.

Belarus can not supply both it's people and Russia. Not to mention that the Chernobyl disaster resulted in concerns over the safety of food grown in some areas.

The Ukraine is one of the most fertile places on earth.

I have no doubt that Russia is going to do what ever it takes to keep their golden goose.

Not to mention the rest of the natural resources that the Ukraine possesses.

I'm not saying he is right in invading, but I can not fault a man and a country for acting in their own best interests.

Chernobyl is in the Ukraine.

The plant itself is in Ukraine, but the exclusion zone includes parts of Belarus. It is just another bone of contention with Russia.

The promise of nuclear energy sounded so good, but we failed to factor in human nature and the vagarities of nature.

I see there has been a terrorist attack in China. Something like 28 people killed and hundreds wounded by knife attacks. The Chinese government will get to the bottom of that real fast.

I cannot fathom why someone would subscribe to a religion that seems to be based upon hatred and murder. The solution to all problems seems to be to kill someone. It seems as if most of the victims are totally innocent. Why kill innocent people? It boggles the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom