Great Experience with Meyer

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Solsken Farm, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

I wanted to share a very positive experience with Meyer I had this week. This was my first time with them. My order was shipped on tme. They did call to say a few types were not hatching well and would run short and they would be shipped out next week.

They were shipped on Tuesday and we got them yesterday, Thursday. The chicks arrived (more than 100 of them) peeping away. We lost 3 in transit, sadly, and one last night. I called the hatchery and they gladly will add more to replace them with the backordered chicks they could not send this week. The staff all has been pleasant and helped me find some replacements that I liked.

The chicks acted like they were hatched here on the farm as soon as they were dipped and dunked and set in the brooder.

We got some fabulous surprises including some welsummers and I think silver and golden laced wyandottes.

I will order from them again, in fact I did, this morning as they had a special on Golden Buffs. [​IMG]

2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    I've ordered from them, but picked up both of my orders. I've found them wonderful so far.

Sounds like you will be busy with 100 chicks.

3. Solsken Farm

Well half of them are gone. I bought them for folks who want to buy locally or get a small number. It's been fun meeting some nice chicken people.[​IMG]

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Thanks for posting. I have my first order from them due to arrive around April 15. They were very nice over the phone.

Did you get any faverolles?

-Cindy in MA

5. Solsken Farm

Quote:Hi Cindy! Haven't talked with you in a while. I just pmed someone that I am definitely jinxed with the favs.

Here is the story.....

I had a 0 hatch my first try, and then got all cockerels in my 2nd hatch (dif breeder). So I decided this winter to just get some hatchery pullets for my laying flock. Well I order a ton, and they had a problem and only sent one. She was one of the three that died in transit. So I still have NO FAVS!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

How about you? Any luck finding some really good stock?

6. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    It's even tough to find faverolles from the hatcheries this year. I think Ideal was sold out for the year, I got my order into Meyer just as they were about to run out and for some reason McMurray is charging twice what everywhere else is.

-Cindy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by