Great Site!

Oghdoff

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
SE Texas
Hi,
I'm Kevin from Texas. Growing up, I had family members who always had chickens and such around. Now that I have a house and land to do so, I thought I would start as well. I currently have 30 chickens (1 Ameraucana Roo(Tuffy), 9 RIR(8 hens and a Roo(Buddy)), 9 Production Reds, 5 Black Australorps, and 5 Buff Orpingtons), 6 turkeys(2 Eastern, 2 Bronze, and 2 Black Spanish), a Jack Russel Terrorist(Katy), and a Chihuahua(Bailey). After I get these settled in I'd also like to have ducks. I have been poking around on this site for the past month or so. I really like how everyone tries to help one another out and how informative this site is. Currently I'm working on twin coops made of galvanized metal studs from a store my friend was demoing and old tin from an old flea market my grandparents had. The runs will be made of tree timbers from the groth in my fence rows and 2 x 4 welded wire. The roosts will be made fromt he limbs of the trees I am using for timbers and the nesting boxes will be scraps from my uncle's remodeling business. I have still been looking into the proper room needed for turkeys. They are 2 months to a week old so I still have plenty of time before they are in need of a larger enclosure.

welcome-byc.gif
First let me say: Your life is not complete with out ducks! Welcome to BYC, and have fun exploring!

Back
Top Bottom