Greeley, CO and surrounding areas?

Well that's good. There are some major ick factors in Greeley. Pay close attention to the dairies and feedlots scattered around the area when looking. Factory egg farms and gas holding/pumping sites as well. Use Google earth. It will save you lots of driving around looking at the perfect property only to find out you share a property line with a heifer farm. Been there, done that.
You really shouldn't have any problems with livestock in any unincorporated area in Weld county. It is by far the most ag friendly county in the front range. Cheapest property taxes too. How far out are you willing to be? Most closer in areas are suffering from development but you won't have to drive 30 mins to find a grocery store.

Well that's good. There are some major ick factors in Greeley. Pay close attention to the dairies and feedlots scattered around the area when looking. Factory egg farms and gas holding/pumping sites as well. Use Google earth. It will save you lots of driving around looking at the perfect property only to find out you share a property line with a heifer farm. Been there, done that.
You really shouldn't have any problems with livestock in any unincorporated area in Weld county. It is by far the most ag friendly county in the front range. Cheapest property taxes too. How far out are you willing to be? Most closer in areas are suffering from development but you won't have to drive 30 mins to find a grocery store.
Ive been looking as far as Eaton CO. I need quick access to either Hwy85 or 76. I know the smaller towns have cute little grocery stores, and even if I did need to go to a walmart or something, I am willing to drive haha. Thank you for the information!

There is another great way to get around that isn't on older maps. Weld County Rd (WCR) 49 is a bypass to the E that runs from 392 to I-76 in Hudson. 4 lane highway godsend. 85 is a PIA. Lights at every town and cops.

There is another great way to get around that isn't on older maps. Weld County Rd (WCR) 49 is a bypass to the E that runs from 392 to I-76 in Hudson. 4 lane highway godsend. 85 is a PIA. Lights at every town and cops.
Funny enough, I take this way every weekend. I love it.

Hello all!

So I am planning on moving towards Greeley, CO and I want to take my chickens with me. Can I get some help understanding the chicken laws? I tried to search it on google, looked at title 7, but I am not really seeing anything that mentions if there is a maximum amount of chickens I can have and I also do not see anything about a rooster. I was hoping I could get some help figuring this all out. I understand HOAs have their own separate rules, and because of that I do not plan on moving into an HOA area.

I understand most cities put a cap on the amount of chickens I can have, so I have also been looking at the surrounding areas. Evans, Garden City, Lucerne, even Eaton. So any helpful information from any of those cities would be much appreciated! :)
Greeley calls chickens "pets" and will allow them with no cap on numbers. However, roosters are not allowed. Also, even hens can fall under nuisance laws, so as long as you keep it clean, you're fine.
Evans allows roosters, technically, but you are limited to 4 pets overall, cats, dogs, and poultry.

Back
Top Bottom