Green and yellow diarrhea

Marcy chick smitten

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2023
My 6month old golden Wyandotte suddenly came down with yellow green diarrhea yesterday afternoon. She didn’t look normal and so I took her and gave her an epsom salt bath for 20 minutes. She looked better and ate some food. Went up to her normal roosting spot and seemed normal all night. This morning, she had the same diarrhea and looked worse . She just got off corrid last week because several hens of the flock had bloody poo.I do not believe she was ever one that did have the blood. Today, I have kept her isolated and gave her another 2 Epsom salt baths. She hasn’t eaten much or drank much, but I was able to squeeze a few droppers full of colloidal silve in her mouth and put some in her drinking water. She just had a poo and it was not diarrhea but still was yellow and green. I was massaging her crop area (not big) but don’t think it’s related. When I looked at her poo the green part seemed to be fibrous like grass…. Which I gave them some chopped up the other day…… could they be related or should I focus elsewhere?

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    595.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    461.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1854.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg
    631.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1851.jpeg
    IMG_1851.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 14
Those types of poops can indicate a starving bird. She needs food, whatever she'll eat. Hard boiled egg is a good source of protein and other nutrients, and they usually like it. Her regular feed, wetted into a mash would be good too, if she likes that.

Those types of poops can indicate a starving bird. She needs food, whatever she'll eat. Hard boiled egg is a good source of protein and other nutrients, and they usually like it. Her regular feed, wetted into a mash would be good too, if she likes that.
Thank you for your response. They have access to their layer feed all day and every am I mash up some layer feed with a little raw milk and rooster booster(since they have come off corrid a week ago.) I also give them lettuce and cauliflower leaves ,cabbage leaves and dandelion leaves along with red raspberries and tomatoes every few days. I make sure when giving them treats they all get the same. She had no loss of interest in eating until last evening and today….. She was one of the smallest chicks who have grown bigger than most. We do not feed any junk at all🤷‍♀️

I have a 3 yr old hen with exactly same symptoms. My vet has her on STZ antibiotic but I am not sure it’s helping. All my chickens have constant access to food and water. She just picks at her feed but she will readily eat BSF larvae.
I have her isolated from the others just in case.

I have a 3 yr old hen with exactly same symptoms. My vet has her on STZ antibiotic but I am not sure it’s helping. All my chickens have constant access to food and water. She just picks at her feed but she will readily eat BSF larvae.
I have her isolated from the others just in case.
I have the same problem, first one now a second, just wormed them a week ago, no problems until two days after the worming. mine eat the same scratch and crumble layer food, some free range

I am starting the two weakest ones on ambicile antibiotic, hoping its an infection this will help, next step is the vet

Back
Top Bottom