Green color on shell

SRagno

Chirping
Nov 10, 2020
I have 4 female ducks. Two that have been laying for 2 years then 2 that have been laying since May of this year or so. ALL of their eggs are white. Not having changed a thing in their diet, one has, for the past 2 days, been laying eggs with a green color on it?? And I do see DARK green poop a bit here and there. The green color does wash off for the most part, but I wanted to know if this was an indication of her getting sick. She does not act any differently currently than before. Please advise. Thanks, Stacy

Attachments

• 20221116_072511.jpg
    20221116_072511.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 10
I'm not at all familiar with ducks, but as a general rule across many species, weird-colored poop is often related to a change in diet.

What have your ducks been eating lately that they might not have been eating previously?

I'm not at all familiar with ducks, but as a general rule across many species, weird-colored poop is often related to a change in diet.

What have your ducks been eating lately that they might not have been eating previously?
You see that's the thing, nothing that I know of. They've been forging in the same yard for years now, well, the two older ones, and the younger ones I've had them since 12-10-21. They are spoiled they've gotten peas every morning and the regular duck pellets and the same calcium shells for this whole time. Then all of a sudden one of them gives me an Easter egg! I'm just alarmed.

I'm not sure which of the four it is just yet. I don't think that has anything to do with it, though. They have been normal (white) until just the other day. I have a khaki campbell, a buff, and two that are hybrids of my khaki Campbell and a male Pekin.

Back
Top Bottom