1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Green egg turn blue?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kellij, Sep 17, 2008.

1. kellij

kellij Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Oregon
    We have an EE (Goldie) who has been laying for a month now, off and on. They have been green and small. Yesterday we went out to get eggs and there was a blue egg (medium size). Is it possible for an EE to start out with a green shade of egg and then be blue? This was definitely blue.

On a side note, Goldie hasn't laid an egg for a few days, 3-4 maybe. We do have another EE (Gimpy), but we are pretty sure she just started laying pinkish brown eggs. We think this because the other day we got our first 9 eggs (11 hens) [​IMG] and we were missing one cuckoo marans (Pear or Banana) and a green one (Goldie). I'll try to post pictures later.

Thanks,
    Kelli

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I would have a terrible time trying to pick which EE is laying what. I only have 6 hens with 3 laying and we have no idea who the culprits are!! [​IMG]

3. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    Yes, one of my americanas that lays green eggs will occasionally lay one that looks blue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by