Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Draye - will you be selling hatching eggs this coming spring? I'd LOVE to purchase some from your nn green egg laying birds they are beautiful.

Draye - will you be selling hatching eggs this coming spring? I'd LOVE to purchase some from your nn green egg laying birds they are beautiful.

If I do it will be first generation eggs. NN x EE or vice versa. I will be hatching pures the first time come spring. I will then move my roosters around to get some GENN eggs. I'll let you know when I do get them moved around and see if you still want them. Just remind me again come about April or May.

I will ship eggs come about March. I should have my runs put together.

It will be first generation crosses. NN over EE and Ameraucana over NN

Last edited:
Just checking in to see how things are coming along!

Slow right now. I have only one pullet at POL. I haven't seen a green egg from her run, she's in with all brown egg layers, so unless she laying a brown egg then she hasn't started yet. I did catch her on the best the other day checking it put. I hoping though by March.

I do have some more in for the New Years Day Hatch-A-Long. I think 14 eggs.

Just waiting for the next batch to grow, they are 11/12 weeks now.

Slow right now. I have only one pullet at POL. I haven't seen a green egg from her run, she's in with all brown egg layers, so unless she laying a brown egg then she hasn't started yet. I did catch her on the best the other day checking it put. I hoping though by March.

I do have some more in for the New Years Day Hatch-A-Long. I think 14 eggs.

Just waiting for the next batch to grow, they are 11/12 weeks now.
Like everything else, it takes time and effort but if you're like me and my kids, we are patient when we are working with something that we like and gives us a challenge.

Jason and I are working with a couple hybrid projects for meat birds to be caopnized and poulardized. We are using Dark Cornish cocks over NN hens.

Son Aaron, (aka TURK) who lives in KY, is working with Buckeyes over NN hens for the same purpose.

I have my daughter back home now and she is thinking of showing some of the Florida White rabbits we have to cross with NZ Whites for meat. When we got our Florida Whites, we bought the best available from a show breeder in Toledo Ohio and she has the pure genetics to work with to really have a field day at ARBA rabbit shows. She is still not 100% back from a serious auto accident about three years so she may never be able to show dogs again but rabbits and birds will be easy for her to deal with.

When you get some birds that are laying the way you want, perhaps I can get a trio for her to play with.

She loves the NNs and has put new vigor in Jason's efforts to breed both White and Black birds for show.

RON

Back
Top Bottom