Jan 8, 2008
South Dakota & Wisconsin
1greenpr.jpg

1greenpr2.jpg

Quote:
Yes they can be somewhat flighty.

What forum should they be in?

If you do not know. ask a Moderator!

I didn't think I had to ask a Moderator, I consider them an ornamental bird. Thinking they fall under the "etc" is why I posted here. I try to post photos of our birds so others can see the variety of birds that are raised besides chickens and muscovy ducks (which we have alot of them too).

They are not domestic chickens, they are not pheasants or partridge, quail, or really any of the other specific forums. Maybe "other pets and livestock" but that doesn't seem right to me as I think of that forum more for cagebirds, reptiles and critters with fur.

Just My Thoughts
Randy

www.spectrumranch.net & www.sosranch.net

Home to Alternative Livestock from A to Z.

Oh, wow! That's really neat looking. It's comb and . . . um, is it considered wattles? . . . looks more reptilian than something I'd expect on a bird. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
What forum should they be in?

If you do not know. ask a Moderator!

Unfortunately, Houndit is correct, but he/she could have just told you why...

Junglefowl are the four living species (Red Junglefowl, Sri Lanka Junglefowl, Grey Junglefowl, and Green Junglefowl) of bird from the genus Gallus in the Pheasant Family.

One of the species in this genus, the Red Junglefowl, is of historical importance as the likely ancestor of the domesticated chicken, although it has been suggested the Grey Junglefowl was also involved.

I do love your pictures though, you have such an amazing 'flock'!​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom