Green legs white feathers.......help what is it!

Gone-Ducky

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 31, 2011
Arizona

I picked up some chicks from my local feed store got this little chick which i think may be a roo.... but i could be wrong. but any whos i have no idea what it is??? It has green legs, white feathers and a bit or brown on its breast. Maybe some one can identify or maybe its just a mutt.

Last edited:
I picked up some chicks from my local feed store got this little chick which i think may be a roo.... but i could be wrong. but any whos i have no idea what it is??? It has green legs, white feathers and a bit or brown on its breast. Maybe some one can identify or maybe its just a mutt.
It looks like an EE cockerel, but it's comb is not like the "normal" EE, but then again I have one that looks just like yours with the same kinda comb and he is an EE. I'm sure if I'm not correct someone will without a doubt let us know.

My Amberlinks have greenish legs, and a couple have the red leakage around the chest that yours has. Amberlink would be consistent with a feed store, too. If that's the case, don't cull it as male too soon since Amberlinks have white Leghorn in their mix and that causes very early comb development.

So, maybe a mix with a fancy name!
wink.png

My Amberlinks have greenish legs, and a couple have the red leakage around the chest that yours has. Amberlink would be consistent with a feed store, too. If that's the case, don't cull it as male too soon since Amberlinks have white Leghorn in their mix and that causes very early comb development.

So, maybe a mix with a fancy name!
wink.png
I had no idea the Amber links had green legs--that's probably it, then! I was thinking male due to the large comb, but it was weird that the comb wasn't redder, little boys are usually pretty red at this stage. Leghorn based cross makes sense as a pullet, I just wonder where those green legs come from?

So, maybe a mix with a fancy name! ;)

I went and looked at the Amberlinks and for the life of me I couldn't find any with green legs. Is there any other breed that has green legs that we haven't mentioned yet?

I had no idea the Amber links had green legs--that's probably it, then! I was thinking male due to the large comb, but it was weird that the comb wasn't redder, little boys are usually pretty red at this stage. Leghorn based cross makes sense as a pullet, I just wonder where those green legs come from?

No clue. I just noticed that my Amberlinks had greenish legs as chicks, which helped me tell the difference from my white Leghorns that were in the same brooder. Now that the birds are older, the legs aren't nearly as green.

Back
Top Bottom