Greenfire farm legbars

FowlerFamilyFarm

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2020
Trying to start a decent starter flock of breeders. Is using the Greenfire farms Rees line a good place to start? Has anyone here bought from them directly?

Yeah I agree. I've heard good things about Sandhill Preservation Center also, not sure if they carry legbars though. Some of my friends have birds from them and have won a number of poultry shows. Definiteky don't go with tractor supply if your lookimg for decent birds. Good luck with your search!

I would spend some time looking over the Cream Legbar Club of America website before just jumping to Greenfire Farms.
Excellent layers, great mothers, surprisingly bold for the smaller size that they are.
14E52E3F-63ED-41DA-A913-8514EA6B264E.jpeg

I would spend some time looking over the Cream Legbar Club of America website before just jumping to Greenfire Farms.
Excellent layers, great mothers, surprisingly bold for the smaller size that they are.
View attachment 2090099
You beat me to it.
I agree completely.
As for TSC IDK if they ever even sell CL but if they did they wouldn't be quality ones and you'd be lucky if they even sold you the correct breed.
Sandhill. Ive gotten several birds from them and I'd go to TSC over getting any more. IDK what breeds the other poster knows of but most I received would be hard to recognize as the breed they were supposed to be.
GFF. I had CL from them back in the day and although they were the main importers of the breed their focus was on selling birds not improving the breed. All the birds I have gotten from them and that has been few and only a few breeds have been completely average at best.
I would go through the legbar club as well. There's breeders there that care about the breed and theyve been around long enough now to have improved greatly over the original imported birds GFFs sold and are still selling.

GFF. I had CL from them back in the day and although they were the main importers of the breed their focus was on selling birds not improving the breed. All the birds I have gotten from them and that has been few and only a few breeds have been completely average at best.
I would go through the legbar club as well. There's breeders there that care about the breed and theyve been around long enough now to have improved greatly over the original imported birds GFFs sold and are still selling.

I support this as well... as a general practice going through a breed club for breeder reccs or connecting with breeders of birds you like at shows (not lately, but usually) is a great way to support the people committed to producing quality birds of that breed, while making a few resourceful and often local friends to feather out your chicken community. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom