Greenfire Farms Hatching Eggs

FARMminiature

Songster
Apr 12, 2021
I plan to purchase some eggs from Greenfire Farms to hatch. I have experience hatching shipped eggs. I live in Oklahoma. I’ve had wonderful experiences from this place with chicks. If you have purchased eggs from Greenfire Farms, can you let me know your hatch rate? What state do you live (to give me an idea on distance traveled)? Did you pay regular shipping or express? I plan to do express but curious. If you remember what month that you purchased these, that would be helpful too. I’m curious how well some shipped eggs fare in certain temperatures.

Just in case someone reads this post down the line and has the same curiousity, I thought I would let you know my experience with their hatching eggs. They sell the eggs by packs of 10 including two extras for a total of 12 eggs. I paid for USPS EXPRESS to help my odds of a successful hatch. The eggs were shipped on Tuesday (November 15) from Florida. The eggs arrived to Oklahoma on Thursday (November 17). I believe the lows have been in the 20s around my area and warmer in Florida. I can’t really get a good glimpse on the air sacs of the Maran eggs. I haven’t looked at each individual egg. I looked at the air sacs maybe half of the eggs. I’m mind blown by how intact the air sacs are on the ones I viewed. I did have one egg that was completely detached, but it had a tiny crack that wasn’t visible until I shined the light on it. The packaging is superb! I have had experience hatching shipped eggs. I always let them settle in the house for 18-24 hours, before placing in the incubator. I usually opt for my Brinsea. Depending on the severity of the air sacs, I choose where to go from there on my setup. I always put farm fresh eggs in the incubator along with my purchase to make sure my incubator is running properly. When I place the eggs in the incubator, I will check each air sac. Stay tuned…. I will try to update my results on how many I trashed from the start, blood rings, successful hatches, full growths but didn’t hatch, etc. 36 eggs from Greenfire Farms. Not sure how many eggs from my own chickens will be used. I will use two incubators.

I am ahead of you, as I just got my eggs today from a lady one state over, who gets her stock from GFF. Perfect air cells. resting them a day before incubator.
I just ordered from her a dozen, she sent 15. They are all pures, but what she calls a potluck, (different pure breeds.)
13isb.PNG

I am using 2 foam incubators (one at a time, one for the first 18 days, one for hatching.)

I live in Kentucky and I got 10+ Assorted Spitzhauben Hatching Eggs Direct from Greenfire Farms on ebay in June of this year. It was the regular shipping and they shipped the eggs on Monday and I picked them up at my post office Wednesday, so they were only in the mail about 48 hours. They sent me 12 (so 2 extras). I let them rest for 24 hours with pointy ends down, then set them in my Genesis Hovabator 1588. I had 9 hatch and the 9 that hatched are still alive and healthy 4.5 months later.

UPDATE for those interested.
Received 36 eggs.
I trashed 1 egg that was completely detached. On day 10, I trashed 6 eggs (3 blood rings, 3 infertile). 23 chicks hatched. Among the six that were left, they were mostly developed and never hatched.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom