Greenhouse / Chickens and Rabbits

urb2165

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 7, 2012
Greetings everyone: I am a long time (1970's) subscriber to Mother Earth News. I think I remember reading articles on how to combine the use of a home made greenhouse along with raising both Chickens and Rabbits. Any ideas on where I can find some plans to do this? Has anyone ever done something like this?
Just let me know what you think of this?
Thanks
Rodney

Hi, Rodney - welcome to BYC!

I subscribe to Hobby Farms magazine, and probably two years ago, there was a really great article in it about someone who had a greenhouse, and when they turned the earth over each fall, they allowed their chickens in for a longish period (something like 6 weeks if I recall) to scratch up the ground & deposit fertilizer, etc. I didn't pay that close of attention to the article, because I don't have a greenhouse, but I do recall it being interesting. I don't know if they have their articles online or not, so I guess I'm not really much help!

Thank you so very much for the information. I found it very very interesting reading. My plan is to do a smaller version of this.

However my question is .... do the chickens not peck holes through the greenhouse plastic? Have any varmits, cats, rats etc not chewed through the greenhouse plastic to get to the chickens?
What do you think?
Thanks
Rodney

Back
Top Bottom