Greetings! 🖖 from NH

Welcome to BYC! Brahmas are so sweet and gentle. I wouldn't let them free range even when in the yard, as long as the hawks are there.
Do you have a plan for the males in your flock?
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! This community is amazing! I’m like a helicopter parent, so I won’t be letting the girls free range anytime soon.

I do suspect out of the 4 (unsexed) I have one rooster (which we are happy about)! I have two coops, will I need to separate the rooster from the hens?

Thank you all for your feed back and taking the time to read through my post, feel like I’ve learned more through this thread then the chicken books I’ve read. 😂

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! This community is amazing! I’m like a helicopter parent, so I won’t be letting the girls free range anytime soon.

I do suspect out of the 4 (unsexed) I have one rooster (which we are happy about)! I have two coops, will I need to separate the rooster from the hens?

Thank you all for your feed back and taking the time to read through my post, feel like I’ve learned more through this thread then the chicken books I’ve read. 😂
I hope you only have one male! Great odds! If so, I would only seperate him if he starts to overwhelm the girls as he comes into his teen hormones. Make sure he can see and hear them so he doesn't get too lonely.
If you end up with more than one male, you'll definitely need to seperate them from the ladies. Best of luck with your flock. Don't forget to post pictures for our viewing pleasure! 😁

5EDA18E3-DD5F-4631-B352-6D8AA8021DB6.jpeg
04D1D40A-7125-42C1-B7AF-EDF72BFD1267.jpeg

Here they are getting chaperoned outdoor time! A little dust bath party!

Back
Top Bottom