Greetings and all that.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Den in Penn, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    Well I supose there might be someone who wants to know me out there, so here it is.
    I grew up on the family farm doing my chores. Then trying to stay out of sight so they didn't find me something else to do, learned early on not to say I was bored. I supose it was a good childhood, but then I don't have another one I experinced to comepare it with. I lived on the farm with the animals til my twenties when my Grandad had to get rid of the last of the animals and retire. So I said goodbye to the dumb clucks and thinking to myself if I ever had animals other than pets, I doubted it would be chickens.
    So here I am in state of what as may well be called retired, sitting on the rump end of the farm looking for something else to keep me occupied. Not enough land to keep cows, barely big enough for a couple of sheep, so it had to be rabbits or chickens. You can guess which I chose. It may have been the eggs and biulding a grow out tractor coop I could move over the empty parts ot the truc(k) patch.
    When I was reserching the current state of keeping chickens I came across this site. For most of the year I have been checking my knowlege against what I find here. It got so I finially decide to join.
    Yes I did get chicks in March, built a pen for them in the barn. Six RIR, six BR, two EEs. Side note; when I was talking to the neighbors I assured them I would only order pullets. Even told them what the error rate for sexing chicks is. Do I really need to say one of them crows.
    Back in the egg buiness again with the dumb clucks. Sigh and a shake of the head.

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!
    Sounds like the chickens have won you over!

3. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Welcome!!!!

4. Americana

Americana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Dunnellon, Florida
    [​IMG] lol! Don't even try to say that your not loving every minute of it [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  5. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert!

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Chickens are addicting LOL. [​IMG] Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    Thanks to you all.
    My grandad had a dry wit, me, I go for irony. The one animal I thought I would have last ended up first.
    Forgot to say in the intro. When I got these chicks I spent alot of time denning up in the pen. Hey good user name as my name is Dennis and I live in Pennsylvainia.

8. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

9. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

10. GreenMeadows

GreenMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps