Greetings from a wet North Louisiana morning

Greetings from the "heel" of the boot!!! Chicken math is real, and we love our feather puppies so very much. Our most recent additions are my silver phoenix babies, but we've got a rather large range on ages in our flocks too. Welcome to the barnyard!! :)

Rain on emoji.gif

I am sorry about the rain!

Welcome!

Thanks for all the kind words!! Since I posted this it stopped raining and got hot and dry. My coop had flooded from all the rain so I worked all day putting out lime, new sand and DE in the pens. Now a few weeks later, things are all good and every morning I have roosters crowing. Each day a new one tries so it’s been really comical to hear them. I have one little tyke that can’t be no more than 7 weeks old and he is trying it is hilarious to hear him. But Is it normal for one so little and young to start crowing?? I have a few older ones that just stand around and don’t say a word!!!

Thanks for all the kind words!! Since I posted this it stopped raining and got hot and dry. My coop had flooded from all the rain so I worked all day putting out lime, new sand and DE in the pens. Now a few weeks later, things are all good and every morning I have roosters crowing. Each day a new one tries so it’s been really comical to hear them. I have one little tyke that can’t be no more than 7 weeks old and he is trying it is hilarious to hear him. But Is it normal for one so little and young to start crowing?? I have a few older ones that just stand around and don’t say a word!!!
Yes, some try crowing at a very young age!

It does sound funny for sure

Back
Top Bottom