Greetings from California!

Tbagg

Hatching
Jun 17, 2015
I've owned and raised chickens for eggs at my preschool for around 7 years and now I'm wanting to try to incubate some eggs and watch the process from the very beginning. We have parents that are interested in wanting some chickens so we thought we would turn it into a learning process as well and have some fun with it!
I'm having a great time reading all the forums and insights all of you chicken lovers bring to this group!

Hi, welcome to BYC!!!
yippiechickie.gif

What breeds do you plan on incubating?

I was going to start with just a random dozen that I can get here at the general feed store in town. A friend of mine has a small farm and is willing to take them all in, roosters included, as we can't have roosters in the city where we are located. Our chickens are oldies and have a "clique" going so they won't allow newbies in the roost!
I want to build a new run and keep some silkies for ourselves though as pets with another hatch soon if this one goes well.

I love love hatching! Have also done it for several yrs. Can I say one word? Addictive!!

I have finally slowed down some. But oh, I love those little tiny tots!

Go to your state thread, find out who's who. :)

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatches.

Back
Top Bottom