Greetings from Central Texas

Bee Creek Quail

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2024
Greetings BYC folks! I am new to this wonderful group of knowledgeable people. How did I get here? I am at the starting point in my hobby of raising bobwhite quail. Every time I searched for info on incubation, brooding pens, etc, the searches always came back to the BYC forums. Such great info! My hope is to raise quail for eggs, meat, training my golden retrievers, and most importantly releasing at our property west of Waco where we occasionally have these magnificent game birds who are such a joy to watch and hear. I learned I have to get a permit from TP&W given these are native birds. Thanks BYC forums! Coturnix I have learned are the ideal quail for me and for just starting out, but I've always loved bobwhites. Anyway, with 2 kids in college, 1 remaining in high school, I long for the day when my wife and I retire to the country....where I can further this hobby and maybe add to the homestead. Until then, I'm stepping into the shallow end of raising quail. Thanks to everyone who make this such an informative forum!

Back
Top Bottom