Greetings from Czech Republic

VlkStinu

Songster
Aug 6, 2020
Czech Republic
Hey guys!

I am all new both to this forum and the world of chickens! It's been always one of my thoughts that once I will own my own garden, I will start raising hens and so here I am! It's exciting and I am about to hatch my first eggs and adopt the rest of the chickens from an industrial poultry house through a local non-profit who rescues chickens from these places.

I am from a village in Czech Republic, surrounded by meadows, forests and fields and my garden is one you might call wild as I leave it for the nature to thrive in there and keep my management of it to an absolute necessary minimum. I have a tiny wetland that I've created that I am really proud of (it's just a big puddle really, but you wouldn't believe how many incredible species colonized it and how many animals use it to their advantage daily), I have a place where birds take dust baths, I have a nice pile of organic waste in the corner.. So all in all, I believe the chickens will have an awesome time here! :)

Nice to meet you all!

Hello and welcome to BYC! We're glad you joined us! Your garden sounds so lovely :love
Thank you Chrissy! This garden is my great joy and pride as I got to start it completely from scratch on my own - there was nothing but bare soil when I started and now it's teeming with life! I am looking forward to how it will grow and develop in the future, it's really exciting!

Back
Top Bottom